Wednesday, August 15, 2012

It's All Ours!

It has been a whirlwind of a week! Wednesday we FINALLY closed on our dream farm! It has been a long time coming, and it we were a tad to busy starting to get things ready up there to blog! I will say this about the closing though, it was a little anti-climactic, but never the less exciting. We haven't moved in yet, so there is no interwebs, but we are making do. We met our closest farm neighbor within two hours of owning the property. He drove up our driveway, got us up to speed on the local gossip and offered to clean up our hay fields. It took a huge load off our minds, since the other fields in our area are on their second cutting and ours have yet to be touched. We have gotten the kitchen into running order, and tomorrow my parents are coming up to give me a hand in purging the 70's from my bathroom. We picked up a couple of lawn tractors, and got the acre of lawn cleaned up. The kitchen is now clean starting to fill up. We even had our first meal there! So far this farm is turning out to be everything I wanted it to be and more. I just can't wait to move in!
All that's missing is the hot dogs!

No comments:

Post a Comment